I must’ve been a cat in a former life because no matter what I do, I seem to have a talent for destroying computer mice. Particularly of the wireless variety.
I love wireless keyboards and even moreso, love wireless mice. It’s just soooo much easier to move your mouse around without any wires pulling you down. I don’t know what it is, though, but for some reason over time, my wireless mice always just crap out on me. And no, it’s not just that they need new batteries.
Anyways, when Logitech recently approached me asking to review Global Graffiti, their new line of stylish wireless mice and keyboards, I most definitely jumped at the chance! There are a number of different colorful designs for the keyboards and mice. As a guy, I went with a straight black-and-white matching theme for both.
Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360
The first thing you’ll notice about the K360 Wireless keyboard is that it has a nice artsy flavor to it. Nothing too overt, but a splash of color and design to add some fun to your desktop. There are a number of different colors and designs to choose from, so if your room or office has a theme already, you should be able to find something to match.
As for the keyboard itself, I’ve gotta say I’m pretty impressed. The overall size is a bit smaller than I normally deal with, but everything’s laid out in a nice, natural pattern that just makes sense. As I type, I don’t feel cramped at all actually. Volume controls and movie play buttons are included and close enough to hit without reaching too far. The keys themselves have a nice feel to them and are pretty quiet, actually.
One feature I really loved is the wireless connection. I remember the days of plugging in a lenghty USB cable to a little oval piece that needs to sit on your desk for the “wireless” device to work. Not with the K360. You simply stick a super duper tiny USB plug into a USB port on your computer and you’re done. Setup took no time at all thanks to the simple plug-and-play feature. And that little USB plug? It’s easily THE smallest one I’ve ever seen. So it really shouldn’t interfere with anything else you plug into a nearby USB port.
- Compact comfort: About 20 percent smaller than standard keyboards
- Extended battery life: A three-year battery life means less time spent changing batteries.
- Personalized shortcuts: Six hot keys let you skip songs, pause videos, crank the volume and more. With 12 programmable F-keys, you can easily customize your keyboard to open your favorite apps, folders and Web pages.
- Powerful wireless connection: Long-range wireless connection virtually eliminates delays, dropouts and interference so you can work, and play, in more places.
Logitech Wireless Mouse M310
The matching designer mouse works just as well as the keyboard. The super tiny nano receiver works just like the K360 keyboard, and it even stores inside the M310 mouse if you’re traveling with it. Just like the keyboard, the installation was a snap, and the feel is just as comfortable and natural as any other mouse I’ve ever used.
- Year-round power: You can stay productive for 12 months without battery hassles. The On/Off switch helps conserve power, smart sleep mode extends battery life, and an indicator light eliminates surprises.
- Logitech Advanced Optical Tracking: Enjoy precise clicking and pointing while navigating your favorite websites.
- Plug and forget: The nano receiver is so small it stays in your USB port or can be stored inside the mouse. Plus, you get a powerful, reliable connection, thanks to Logitech Advanced 2.4 GHz wireless.
So far, I’m a big fan of both wireless devices. After testing them, I gave them to my son Ryan to use on his computer and he loves it. He enjoys the fun color and design, but I think the smaller size actually helps too. At just $29.99 apiece, these wireless devices have certainly come a long way in terms of increased quality and functionality, while dropping prices. I just pray my bad luck with mice doesn’t kick into affect at any point in the near future!
Win a Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 & Wireless Mouse M310!
Big thanks to Logitech for sponsoring this Wirelessly Awesome Giveaway!
Giveaway ends on October 4, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. The winner will be chosen at random and announced on this site. Giveaway is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including District of Columbia) who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. The Winner will be notified by email and has 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen.