One of the highlights of 2018 for me was attending my very first Star Wars Red Carpet Event! It was, to say the least, a once-in-a-lifetime experience chatting it up with the stars of SOLO: A Star Wars Story and walking in the footsteps of greatness (yeah, I stood “this” close to George Lucas).
If you missed all the excitement (where were you?), here’s a quick list of highlights from my L.A. trip to a Galaxy Far Far Away:
But then there’s the movie itself. I loved SOLO: A Star Wars Story and cannot wait to see it for a third time when the Blu-ray/DVD hits shelves on September 25. (For you streamers, it’s available for digital download on September 14.)
The action-packed journey explores Han Solo’s (Alden Ehrenreich) first encounters with future friend and copilot Chewbacca (Joonas Suotamo) and notorious gambler Lando Calrissian (Donald Glover), as well as his adventure-filled past alongside fellow street thief Qi’ra (Emilia Clarke) and career criminal Beckett (Woody Harrelson). Watch
DIGITAL AND BLU-RAY BONUS MATERIAL (may vary by retailer):
- Solo: The Director & Cast Roundtable – Sit down with director Ron Howard and the stars for an intimate and entertaining discussion of the film’s making.
- Team Chewie – See what it takes to bring your favorite Wookiee to life in this lighthearted look behind the scenes.
- Kasdan on Kasdan – Iconic Star Wars screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan and son Jonathan share what it was like to write the movie’s script together.
- Remaking the Millennium Falcon – Track the transformation of the most famous ship in the galaxy, from Lando’s swank and impeccable pride and joy to Han’s stripped-down hot-rod freighter with “special modifications.”
- Escape from Corellia – Get behind the wheel for the making of this high-octane chase through the streets of Corellia.
- The Train Heist – Explore the challenges and thrills of creating this action-packed sequence, including its remote location and spectacular effects.
- Becoming a Droid: L3-37 – Meet the newest droid—and the talented actor who helps bring her to life.
- Scoundrels, Droids, Creatures and Cards: Welcome to Fort Ypso – Take an in-depth tour of the rough-and-tumble bar where strangers mix and gamblers risk all in the legendary card game, Sabaac.
- Into the Maelstrom: The Kessel Run – Join Han and Chewie at the controls of the Millennium Falcon to see how this legendary moment in Star Wars history unfolds.
- Deleted Scenes
- Proxima’s Den
- Corellian Foot Chase
- Han Solo: Imperial Cadet
- The Battle of Mimban: Extended
- Han Versus Chewie: Extended
- Snowball Fight!
- Meet Dryden: Extended
- Coaxium Double-Cross
To help build up the excitement, I’m giving away a copy of SOLO: A Star Wars Story on Blu-ray/DVD. See the widget below to enter. And, of course, May the Force Be With You!
Blu-ray/DVD on September 25, Digital Download on September 14
Win SOLO: A Star Wars Story
Win SOLO: A Star Wars Story Blu-ray/DVD Combo
Giveaway ends on October 2, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. ET. The 1 winner will be chosen at random and announced on this site. Giveaway is open only to legal residents of the United States (including District of Columbia) and Canada, who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. The 1 Winner will be notified by email and have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen.
More Contests & Giveaways