I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Gold Bond. I received product samples and a promotional item as a thank you for participating.
I’m a sweater. No, not the ugly Christmas sweater type. You know, the one your Aunt Molly so lovingly knitted for you all year despite the excruciating pain from her arthritis and yet you refuse to wear it because the thing is beyond hideous so now you feel so insanely guilty you can’t even pick up the phone to say hit to her. Uh uh. No, not that kind of sweater.
I’m talking about the perspiration kind. In other words, I sweat. A lot. Maybe it’s my metabolism. Instead of burning off all the wonderful food I eat regularly (curse you, White Castle!), my body just stores up the fat and makes me sweat.
I’m not even talking about exercise sweat. Because, oh man, you do NOT want to see me after I’ve been on a treadmill for just 30 minutes.
Even just walking around, especially on a humid day in New York City, I can start shvitzing profusely. In fact, it’s gotten so bad recently that I now carry handkerchiefs with me everywhere I go. That makes me, like, old, right? Sigh.
Anyways, my point is that since I do tend to sweat a bit, I was real anxious to try out the new Gold Bond No Mess Powder Spray. Sure I’ve heard of Gold Bond before, but to be honest I can’t even recall if I’ve ever used it. I’m sure I have but in general, I’m not a fan of powders or creams, so it’s rare that I would use it.
Which is why this No Mess Powder Spray certainly intrigued me…
Gold Bond No Mess Powder Spray Fast Facts:
- Product benefits: Delivers the odor and wetness protection of Gold Bond Powder in a convenient, easy-to-use spray. The product provides triple action relief: cools on contact, absorbs moisture and soothes skin.
- When/How to Use: After shower, bath or exercise or whenever you want to stay cool and dry, simply use Gold Bond No Mess Powder Spray for lasting deodorant protection and that cool, refreshing feeling.
- Who Uses: People who want to stay comfortable while being active and people engaging in outdoor activities: sports, work, hiking, music festivals, summer sports camps, military, etc.
- Product ingredients: Talc, starch, zinc oxide, fragrance, cooling and soothing agents, and botanicals.
- Available in Two Formulas:
- Classic: Captures the feel, relief and scent of the original, classic medicated powder.
- Fresh: An update on the classic. Same feel and relief, but with a light, fresh fragrance.
- Size: 7 oz, 360 degree spray
- Suggested Retail Price/Availability: $7.99, On shelves next to Gold Bond Powder at major retailers including Wal-Mart, Target and Walgreens.
I was sent two tall spray cans to give a test run: Classic and Fresh. Since I normally wear scented deodorant and a body spray, I figured I’d go with the classic.
I held the can sideways and started spraying. It has an initial cool (not too cold) feel to it. What I really liked was how you can hold the can in any direction and it still sprays. Front ways and sideways. Upside-down and right-side up.
The real test, however, is how well it’d hold up to my sweat glands! Granted, today was a real humid day and I was headed into Manhattan.
Did I arrive at work completely dry? Sadly, no. I don’t think there’s anything on the planet to help with that. But despite my long commute and the sticky weather, I actually wasn’t too bad when I finally made it to the office. It certainly helped keep me from feeling completely gross. Maybe I should keep a bottle at work and shoot off a few sprays under my shirt when no one’s looking!
Since I’m not a fan of powders or creams I’m actually real happy Gold Bond went this route to transmute its already awesome powder into a sprayable mist.
According to the manufacturer, the “New Gold Bond No Mess Powder Spray delivers the odor and wetness protection of Gold Bond Powder in a convenient, easy-to-use spray.” I can certainly agree with that!
Now $7.99 may seem a little pricey, it is a 7 oz. can and unless you’re spraying yourself 10 times a day, the thing should give you a good run for your money.
Of course, if you’re anything like me, even a run for your money will make you sweat…