Today’s Nintendorific post comes to you from Jason, Age 12
Nintendo announced that a Nintendo Theme Park will be coming to Universal Parks. I am so excited for it. I have thought about this for a long time and can’t believe it’s finally coming true.
They haven’t released any details on this yet but I have some great ideas. Here is a list of 10 rides and attractions I would like to see in no specific order.
- Mario Kart Go Karts – They can recreate a few tracks from the different Mario Kart games. Some of the tracks I think would work are: Bowser’s Castle, Luigi Circuit, Baby Park and Dino Dino Jungle. There could be an electronic item system with fake items that would work as they do in the games.
- Luigi’s Mansion Haunted House – It would be a shooting game like the Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin ride at Disney World. You are in a car shooting ghosts and boos to try to get the most points.
- Donkey Kong Country Log Flume – It would be in a log flume going through the sawmill thrill from Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze.
- Super Smash Bros Bumper Cars – Just like normal bumper cars but the cars are painted to look like Smash characters.
- Mario Party Carnival Games – It would be all sorts of carnival games themed to Mario Party mini-games.
- Zelda Roller Coaster – Would be a roller-coaster that takes you through the land of Hyrule. Your cart could be Link’s Horse, Epona.
- Nintendo Mini Golf – An 18 hole mini golf course where each hole is a different Nintendo franchise.
- Pokemon Merry-Go-Round – A merry-go-round with MANY different Pokemon. I’d like to ride on a sudowoodo.
- Zelda Archery Range – A real archery range where you shoot at Ganondorf who has many targets on his body.
- Nintendo Ferris Wheel – A big Ferris Wheel with each car as different franchise like Kirby, Mario, Pokemon, etc. I would love to sit inside a Kirby car.
There would also be themed restaurants, costumed characters walking around, and of course, the gift shop. I can’t wait for this to be real.
What ride would you like to see at a real Nintendo Land?
11 thoughts on “10 Rides We Better See at Universal’s Nintendo Theme Park”
I’m all for the Zelda Archery range but I think Mario Karts needs to be VR style. Think you’re sitting in your Kart and then you go on a VR roller coaster in the rainbow level…. and through other levels. LEGIT! Also maybe vomit, but I’ll take it for the fandom!
I would love a ride base off of Wave Race and 1080 Snowboarding.
That pic of KNEX ferris wheel looks like it must of taken days to build. How long did it take you? If you don’t mind me asking.
I don’t remember exactly but wasn’t days. I worked on it with the whole family (wife and two kids). We had a whole assembly line thing going too! It was a lot of fun to build and prob took about 4 or 5 hours total.
Universal is doing a Nintendo theme park?!?! How did I miss this???? SOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!
My sons would flip out over a Nintendo ferris wheel. (I would flip out over Luigi’s haunted house!)
Mario Kart would be an awesome ride/attraction, even if it were a type of simulation that shakes and perhaps spins you around.
I had no idea this was even a thing! How awesome! I’m just excited to see what they come up with and the location!! Oh wow this made my day!!
OMG! The rides sound awesome! I want to do the go-carts and the ferris wheel. We went to Universal in Florida a year ago and the whole family loved it.
looks awesome and sounds so fun ,thanks for sharing 🙂
As cool as these rides sound, I wish they would bring back “Back To The Future Ride.” That should never have been taken away.