Hair. It’s pretty much been with us since the human race first began. It’s kept us warm, protected us from the sun and grew to help us attract mates.
Unlike birds, we don’t have colorful feathers to grab the attention of our hearts’ desires. But over the years, hairstyles have gone from conservative to crazy and everything in between, all in the name of making ourselves more than presentable.
It’s all about looking good. Standing out from the crowd. Becoming an individual.
Yes, how you wear your hair can speak volumes about who you are as a person. And as I grow older, my hair’s grown up too. I now care more about how I look, and how I present myself. As a kid, I never used hair gel at all. My crazy curly locks would just take on a mind of their own, and I didn’t really care.
Now I have far less hair than I used to, but I try to keep it shorter with more of a clean-cut look. And for the past few years, I’ve actually been using AXE hair gel. I’ll admit I don’t even own a comb or brush. Or at least, I have no idea where they are.
I just shower then add a small amount of gel to my hair each morning. It’s quick, easy and gives me that grown up look I figure I should present to the world. (Despite the fact that I feel 16 inside.)
All this talk of hair gel got me thinking though. There are so many cool characters out there on TV and the movies that have some pretty impressive hairstyles. The kind that could probably use a few tubs of AXE Gel on a daily basis just to keep their follicles looking fabulous.
So of course, I decided to make a list! Take a look:
7 Popular Characters Who Really Need Gobs of Hair Gel
7. Marge Simpson – Besides the funky blue color, nobody’s hair goes higher than Homer’s wife Marge from “The Simpsons.”
6. Animal – With all that head banging and drum soloing, the red-haired Muppet could use all the help he can get in terms of taming his hair.
5. Wolverine – He’s the best there is at what he does. And what he does is sport a slick, horned look with his hair.
4. Daenerys Targaryen – Every mother deserves to be pampered, especially if she’s the Mother of Dragons from HBO’s “Game of Thrones.”
3. Sonic the Hedgehog – Is it spikes? Is it fur? Whatever the case, the blue blur runs so fast, his hair would be a hazard if it wasn’t gelled up properly.
2. Phineas – He spent 104 days of summer building the craziest contraptions any kid could ever come up with. Clearly, Disney’s Phineas from “Phineas and Ferb” doesn’t have the time to deal with his hair.
1. Princess Leia – She set the universe afire with her Cinnabon bun hairstyle in “Star Wars,” and even though she’s from a galaxy far far away, chances are she got her hands on a few cases of AXE gel.
Shop for AXE Hair products now at Walgreens and score some super savings!
Post sponsored by Lunchbox. Opinions are 100% my own.