If cats and dogs can get along this swimmingly, why can’t the rest of us? On this Thanksgiving Day, I just wanted to wish you and your family a happy and healthy holiday. Enjoy loads of great food, friends, family, and football!
While I’m at it, I figured I’d list off the things I’m thankful for in no particular order (except for #1):
- My family – I’m absolutely nothing without them!
- My health – Sure I could use to lose a few pounds, but overall I’m in pretty decent shape.
- Sushi – I can’t even imagine a world without raw fish.
- Friends – Because it’s really boring watching Monday Night Football all by my lonesome
- Social Media – Thanks to Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon, and Google+, I can not only keep up with all my friends so much easier, but I’ve made oodles of online friends.
- Disney – No, I’m not really a fan of Mickey Mouse and Co., but the Disney Corporation has bought 3 of my favorite properties (Muppets, Marvel, and Star Wars) and so far has done a bang-up job with the properties.
- Magic Cookie Bars – Sadly, my freezer’s empty of them right now.
- The Avengers movie – Did not disappoint one bit.
- White Castle – You know why.
- The forever-smiling Colleen Shibley who first dragged me into this daddy blogging world and taught me everything I know about blogging and then some
- AMC’s The Walking Dead – Not only am I thankful for having such a great show to watch regularly, but it continually reminds me how thankful I am to not be someone’s main course for dinner!
- George Lucas – Not just for giving me Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi, but for selling the company so we have a shot at a good Episode VII, VIII, and XI!
- Taco Bell’s Doritos Locos Taco – Try one and you’ll instantly see why it’s on my list
- Planter’s Cheez Balls – They made one heck of a comeback!
- Sporks – Spoons + Fork = pure genius!
- Contact lenses – Otherwise, I’d have to wear my 500 lb. Coke bottle glasses all the time!
- Central Air – Central air was the #1 must-have when we moved into our house. With my dust allergies, a window unit air conditioner just wouldn’t cut it.
- My ability to write – I’ve always loved writing and it’s always come fairly natural to me.
- Coffee – Nature’s alarm clock
- Puppy dogs!
- Freedom – Growing up in the U.S.A., it’s super easy to take everything for granted, but I’m extremely thankful for so many freedoms we get to enjoy daily.
- The entire MomDot.com Community – You’ll never find a more helpful, informative and all-around fun group of bloggers.
- Love – It’s amazing how something can be so incredibly powerful and yet defy every bit of science.
- My marriage – It’s never been stronger and I’ve never been happier.
- Bacon – Does it really need an explanation?
- ThinkGeek – Not only is it the perfect online store, but they write the best catalogs and newsletters this side of the multiverse.
- And last but certainly not least… my readers. Every comment you leave, share on Twitter, or Like on Facebook is like a personal high-five to me and I appreciate every single one. Just knowing you’re out there reading whatever mundane words I”m tossing down on paper… er, monitor, makes it all worthwhile.
I could probably go on until 100 or 1,000 or infinity plus one, but I’d probably get all sleepy and you’d probably get all bored, so I’ll stop with 27. The exact number of World Series Championships the New York Yankees currently have. Guess I can be thankful for that too (which now makes it 28).
Hope you all have a wonderful holiday! Drive safe if you’re travelling! And wear stretchy pants.